CodeEzy is file manipulation software for the cabinetmaking industry that makes it infinitely easier for you and your workforce to identify specific files they need to access. It works seamlessly with Planit’s popular software solutions – Cabinet Vision and Cabnetware – and actually enhances their efficiency by renaming their output files.
The generic file names created by Cabinet Vision and Cabnetware can cause confusion for workers because when you’re working on so many similar projects with similar materials, everything can tend to look or seem the same. This can result in costly errors and material wastage.
But that’s not all. Look how CodeEzy can simplify your cabinetmaking procedures.
- If Planit’s Label-IT is in use, CodeEzy can create Label-IT label files for each material type, e.g. ‘16mm White’, ‘16mm Plain1’.
- If your CNC machine can use a Worklist file then CodeEzy can create the required Worklist for each material to suit your machine.
- Automatically create Client and Job storage folders.
- CodeEzy can be used, with or without machine, Worklists or Planit’s Label-IT.
- Handles Planit output for multiple machines.
At a glance, anyone can look at the folder names and know what job they are looking at. They can then look at the file names and know what they refer to. Because CodeEzy utilises a consistent naming convention of output, there is no need to spend time creating your own in-house code for what different files should be called. That also means that if you have multiple factories, every member of your workforce will always be on the same page.
CodeEzy can also generate a Material Summary Report to assist the Purchasing Department with material quantities.
CodeEzy will then copy all the files to your common storage area such as a network server or thumb drive for later use on your CNC machine. It can even copy the files to two different locations if required.
When files are being uploaded to your common storage area, CodeEzy also offers a file versioning system for job files such as drawings so that you can keep track of any changes that have been made along the way.
CodeEzy can also be used in conjunction with BenchEzy.